Friday, June 11, 2010

Picking up the RV and packing

We picked up the RV today, and it is BIG. My uncle Bobby measured it at 32 feet. We spent about an hour with David, the rental agent at Burglund Outdoors, signing papers, inspecting it, and getting some instructions on how to operate it. Head spinning a bit, but I think we'll figure it out once we're a day or two into our trip. I successfully drove it off the lot without damaging it or worse. It wasn't so bad, and I actually think I've got the hang of it already. We've been spending the day packing it full of "essentials" (and some non-essentials—hey, it's vacation, right). We're leaving tomorrow morning by 8:00 am. Our destination for day one is Louisville, Kentucky. Oh, if only we had time to visit the Marker's Mark distillery.

Oh, one more thing: We need to think of a name for the RV other than El Monte. Any suggestions?



3 comments:

  1. I don't know, scott--El Monte sounds like a pretty awesome name to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Road Bulge to me.

    ReplyDelete